In this simple blog post, I am going to make a few statements concerning humanity and our final plight...
I had in the past months, been revising my political views on the stance of Global Warming. As Americans we can say, that it would be egotistical to think that a mass of pink fleshy toned hominids could alter the stabilization of all life on earth. I could scream here in your face everyday that we are destroying the world every second of the day. I could list out all the negatives I keep reading from things like Monsanto to Fukushima. I could even take it a step further and show you photos of how BP and how their ignorance has destroyed the gulf.
But alas, if you wanted to see or hear all that you wouldn't have stopped at this blog, so I will spare you the emotional duress that my words may inflict.
What I will share though is a simple photo. This photo when you see it will evoke 1 of 2 emotions.
1. What the eff is this guy's problem???
or 2. What the eff is "Our" problem??
It started at the beinning of summer, I knew this was going to be an unusually dry summer, so I sat back and waited for the rain. Had I held my breath waiting, you would not be reading this blog lol. I walked my property almost daily usually while walking my dogs. I had passed by our pond everyday wanting to just sit down and fish all weekend long. Everyday that I passed the water had diminished a few inches. This was a subtle change, and not overly visible to someone not watching. Fast forward to August 2013, I walked to the pond tonight to see, what I was hoping was water. What I saw really drove that nail in the coffin for me. I was standing where there was once 14ft of water. I was actually dead center in my pond with not even a drop of water could be seen. You see folks global warming is real. The question is not if it exists or not, but the question really is "Did we cause it???" I mean if you think on a small local scale of 1 car burning fuel to get to work for the week, and how much pollution that may cause... Now take it up a notch and say roughly 1 billion cars on the road everyday burning through billions of gallons of gasoline. How much bigger is our carbon foot print now??? I am not asking you to go green or change your way of living. All that I ask is that you be aware. Be aware because suddenly when problems are brought to the forefront to be addressed 90% of the time its already too late....
As a final thought...
I once watched maggots consume a dead bird. As macabre as this may sound, it was completely fascinating to me how a whole comunity of worms consumed and consumed every ounce of flesh from this bird. They had consumed so much that the bird unwittingly had no more to offer to the worms and became a hollow skeleton of what once was. As I sat there it all came together...We are the consumers of the earth, one day we will have dried up our resources to the point that, in order to save the race we will have to look for another body to consume...We are mother natures maggots.

No comments:
Post a Comment