Good evening my friends. I got to do something this weekend that I've wanted to do for a while. I got to take photos of a kids birthday. A really close friend of mine's son had his first birthday. His wife had contacted me and wanted me to shoot and document his first, of course how could I turn that down. They were really nice and made sure I did not leave hungry.
Here is where we go on to my photography style. I am an in the moment shooter. I like to capture candids, almost as if the subject does not even know I am there. It gives the photos life, and when properly taken, its almost like you capture the very spirit of the person. I really felt like I was able to do that with lil Knox. He, like every other 1 year old, was so full of life and moving about everywhere. This is great, and bad. Well not really bad but, when taking photos you have to make sure that your shutter speed can handle the movement. Sometimes your light is not so great, and unlike many newcomers to the world of photography, I no longer feel afraid to ramp my ISO to 2000 even 3200 if necessary. Many people worry that your photo will be "too noisy". To be completely honest if you know what you are doing, and can complete the exposure triangle properly, ramping ISO is not a bad thing.
Photos like the ones below really make my job worth it. I was so happy with a certain photo that I went and printed my friends an 11x14 print. The photo is of lil Knox sitting in front of his cake (which he is about to devour) and his father holdin his chair, and making sure that he does not hurt himself with the candle.
This photo to me is awesome, because when Knox grows up and looks back at this photo, he will be able to see that his Dad was always there for him. Well enough talk about pics.
Here they are :)
P.s. most of these photos were riding the 1600 - 2000 ISO range. There was barely a hint of grain, but I welcome it. Sometimes its the moment you capture and not the grain....










No comments:
Post a Comment