Sunday, June 30, 2013

Adandoned Motels, The Pride house and spirits of children.

 Today is June 29 2013.

As a preface to this blog. I am a photographer and I enjoy sharing my art with those who also enjoy the art of photography accompanied by the stories of why the photo was taken.

Jeromy Jones of TPI called me the other day and asked if I wanted to help him out with investigating The Pride House. Not being one to ever deny a trip to Jefferson, we were off.


On our way to Jefferson Texas, we passed an abandoned motel. "Turn around bro!!!" I told Jeromy. We did the Ol' Hook and Gas, and did a u turn to the motel. When we arrived, this place looked like it has been abandoned for a good while. While exploring through this building almost taken by nature. We started getting that feeling of impending doom. Jeromy had said "Dude I feel like we are about to walk into a scary movie". I agreed. I said "man I feel like any minute now a door will be kicked open and the smell. Burning oil, smoke will fill the room - all the while the sound of a chainsaw cranking up rips through the walls of torn wallpaper. Yes it was that scary.
 
 

As we finished up taking photos and what not, I couldn't help but almost be relived that the ride was almost over. I took the last few of my photos, then I saw this lone rusty dart. It was bound to go into my collection of haunted items. I asked for permission to take the memento with me and we headed out.
 

Getting into Jefferson Texas. 

We stopped in a little Italian restaurant. We were all contemplating on what would be good to eat, when the owner (who was also the only waiter) suggested to Jeromy the wheat alfredo. He said "Jeromy you should get the wheat alfredo, it soaks up the flavor so much better". The only thing wrong about that statement was that, we had only been in the building for 5 minutes and not once did we address ourselves by name. How did the Italian guy know Jeromy's name??? To be honest the waiter said it so subtly that that I just assumed he knew Jeromy. When the waiter walked off, Jeromy asked "Did yall just hear him say my name??"

After dinner was over, Jeromy had to regulate his sugar so we headed downtown to get him some ice cream. We were greeted by the sounds of some guy just gettin down on his fiddle. 

This kid could play the Irish Jig like none other. I snapped his pic and dropped five in the case.


At the Pride House.

Simply walking up to the building, it screams "I'm haunted".


 

After doing the meet and greet with would be ghost hunters. We headed to the parlor room to answer any and all questions. Jeromy with this plethora of spectral technology, was the center of attention. 

 

Like myself Jeromy loves to engage with people and tell them his experiences with ghosts, poltergeists, and things that go bump in the night.  

We all got divied up into smaller groups and Stacy and I were to lead a group of about 5 or 6 people in the house alone. Now here is where Stacy and I love to have fun. She loves to investigate buildings like this. She also has this internal knack to research the history of locations like this. Giver her enough time and she can give you a list of every known occupant, up to and including their dietary choices. Ok I am kidding about the diet thing, but she is quite good at her research. Her ability and love to research history is like myself to photos and stories.


11.10pm

It was time for our group to head in....

As I got to into the kitchen, I turned to the group of newbies and I said "We are gonna try something a lil different tonight" I told the group we will be walking room  to room. I also told the group to tell me when they felt the need to stop and "Investigate" We stopped in our first room and decided to do an EVP session. Not receiving that much activity I turned on the box.

The box addressed itself as Jenny. We asked what room we should be in. It told us to go upstairs and the far back bedroom. So we now had a location to be. We went upstairs, I was placing meters everywhere and we started our session. One of the couples told us they had an Ovilus. Its a simple device that draws readings from the air and translates that into audible words. We were all feeling like someone was watching us, when I decided to turn the box on again. The box again called itself Jenny. The responses went as follows.

Jenny -Jenny-I'm dead-Dead-Burn-Fire. Then it happened, the Ovilus said "Mommy". All of a sudden the parascopes lit up as if to tell us we were not alone. One of the members of the group said she started to feel very sad, almost as if she was lost looking for her mother.


Then the little piano on the bed went off. Then all together the members of the group felt like the piano should be outside. I picked it up an no sooner did I walk out of the doorway, the piano went off again.

Alas our time to investigate was coming to a close. All in all i could not have had a better time in the Pride House. I also could not have had so much fun without ma' lady Stacy. Its really great to be with someone who enjoys your hobbies as much as you do. Our group was awesome and I could tell they all had so much fun in the building.

I will keep this blog going, with my photography and stories from time to time. The things I go through are funny at times, sad at others. But I would not trade this life for any other. Its also a good outlet to use my photography. Have a good night and I hope you enjoy reading my stories :)



1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! Great experiences this weekend for sure...Can't wait to read your next blog!! Here's to more experiences! :)

    ReplyDelete